- Adult Basic Education
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
- Business & Information Technology
- Health & Community Studies Department
- Professional Development
- Trades & Industrial
- Start a Program in Your Community
Workforce Development Unit
Professional Development is offered through SIIT to train and empower the First Nations workforce and to help address labour shortages in Saskatchewan. The goal is to empower this workforce to be dynamic and enhance and improve organizations through
- offering courses at the community level for all employed individuals to participate,
- teaching courses that focus on the skills needed by a community's workforce,
- building awareness of First Nations cultures to non-First Nations workforces, and
- striving to build and strengthen the First Nations community.
Addressing Labour Shortages
The Workforce Development Unit has an opportunity to supply labour shortages and provide the skills necessary for First Nations and non-First Nations organizations to develop and retain First Nations employees.
The Unit also has the competitive advantages of niche marketing, a flexible and organic organization, and strong community networking within Saskatchewan. The First Nations population is increasing and First Nation businesses within Saskatchewan are expanding. There is a large market to capture and our competitive edge will help secure that market.
Development Programs for Purchase
The Workforce Development Unit will design a program to meet your community or organization's needs. If your community or organization is interested in purchasing a customized or current program, please contact:
Director of Workforce Development at 306-477-9235