The Spring of 1998, representatives from the following organizations came together with a common goal: to get a representative workforce involved in the upcoming construction of the Saskatchewan Indian Federated College (SIFC).
This workforce would also include skilled and certified trades people. The concept for the Construction Career Development Project was born.
These are the founding partners:
- Saskatchewan Construction Association Inc.
- PCL Construction Management Inc.
- Saskatchewan Indian Institute of Technologies
- Advanced Education
- Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission
- First Nations Employment Centre
A key element in the continuing success of the Career Centres is the support of additional partners from industry and government. These include:
- Advanced Education, Can-Sask Career and Employment Services
- Quorex Construction Ltd.
- RNF Ventures Ltd.
- Saskatoon and Region Home Builders Association
- Regina and Region Home Builders' Association
- Thorpe Brothers Ltd.
- River Bank Development Corporation
- G&C Asphalt Services Ltd.
- Empire Welding & Machining Ltd.
- Kitsaki Management Limited Partnership
- Regina Treaty/Status Indian Services Inc.
- Saskatoon Tribal Council First Nation Urban Services Inc.
- Prince Albert Grand Council, Urban Services Inc.
- Lac La Ronge Indian Band
- Woodland Cree Enterprises Inc.
- Yorkton Tribal Council Labour Force Development
- Meadow Lake Tribal Council
- Meadow Lake Tribal Council Oil & Gas Secretariat
- Battlefords Urban Training & Employment
- Gabriel Dumont Institute Training & Employment Services
- Northlands College
- Parkland College
- North West College