The Network Technician program at SIIT is a certificate program with a primary focus on network/desktop management and support. This program will provide a solid functional grounding in the management and support of general computing technology in the modern networked workplace. The program emphasizes a combination of formal study with hands-on learning but focuses primarily on practical application to maximize learners’ experience.
Mature Admission, Grade 12, Adult 12, interview
While previous experience and aptitude with computers is certainly an asset, it is not required. Important skills for network technicians are:
- Aptitude for problem-solving
- Strong desire for ongoing learning
- Ability to self-motivate and self-manage
Learners must complete all courses for credit and have a cumulative average of 60% in those courses.
Learners who successfully complete courses within the Network Technician Certificate can use those credits towards the Information Technology Diploma. The following courses exist within the diploma and would be assumed to fulfill requirements there as well: ITAP 115; TCOM 115; ITHW 115; ITNT 115; ITOS 125; ITNT 210; ITOS 215; ITNT 220.
SIIT is not currently accepting applications for this program. Please refer to the homepage to see the programs that are currently accepting applications.
- ITAP 115-Introduction to IT Applications
- ITDS 125-Introduction to Directory Services
- ITHW 115-Hardware Support
- ITNT 115-Introduction to Networking
- ITNT 210-Networking II
- ITNT 220-Networking III
- ITOS 125-Introduction to Operating Systems
- ITOS 215-Server Operating Systems
- ITSE 205-Introduction to Network Security
- TCOM 115-Technical Communications